Nexus Con is a not-for-profit family-friendly, inclusive, community event and we are super excited as there are some amazing things happening on the day. If you haven’t already, please check out our website and FB Page for more information about the Con, including photos and videos from previous years!
The event’s continuing success greatly relies on its wonderful team of volunteers so we thank you for your interest because without volunteers there wouldn’t be a Nexus Con!
What are the Benefits of Volunteering at Nexus Con?
- Knowing you will play an integral part of the event
- Learning new skills and meeting new people
- Increasing your knowledge of pop culture and of running an event
- Feelings of goodwill you get when volunteering and supporting a local initiative
- All volunteers will receive free entry and a free ticket for a professional photograph (excluding with international guests) on the day of the event.
To become a Nexus Con volunteer we do need you to commit to the following:
- 2 to 2.5 hours minimum of volunteer work on the day
- Attendance at one of the volunteer briefings.
- A current Working With Children (WWC) check. For information on how to apply, please click on the link below. (NB the process generally takes approximately 2 weeks and is free for volunteers, so please do this asap) https://www.kidsguardian.nsw.gov.au/child-safe-organisations/working-with-children-check
- Wearing a hi-vis vest, lanyard or other identifying item (these will be issued at the briefing)
- Completing the Nexus Con Volunteering form (link found on this page).
(NB please email your WWC number, surname and DOB once obtained to email@example.com if you do not have your WWC number at the time of completing the form).
At the briefing volunteers can expect to receive information about:
- Their job task allocation for the day and if not already known, the time(s) they have been allocated
- The Con itself, including what’s happening on the day, program and venue, and important contacts for the day
- The expected behaviour of volunteers i.e. being informative, friendly, helpful and following directions of Con organisers (especially around safety of self and of others).
- (If you are unable to attend either volunteer briefing due to distance or prior commitments, there may be a possibility of a smaller briefing prior to the event, however, this must be pre-arranged with the Project Coordinator – Jacqueline Smith – see below for contact details).
If you think you can commit to the above requirements, we would love to hear from you. The online volunteer form will be available soon.
If you require further information please contact us (Jacquie, Elise or Mim) at Mid Coast Communities on 6651 1788 or via email firstname.lastname@example.org.